How Will You know If This Is A Family-Friendly Care Facility?
Considerations to look for and ask when evaluating care facilities.
• Are there restrictions on visiting hours?
• Does the facility have sleeping beds for family and friends?
• Do my friends and family have out-of-facility activities?
• May friends and family eat in the restaurant?
• Are family celebrations encouraged and assisted by the facility (celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, and life events)?
• Are children welcome so long as they are accommodated with an adult? Is there a playground and booster seats in the dining area and a children’s menu?
• Does the facility offer counseling and support groups to families to help resolve or explain problems with the transition to a facility?
• Are facility newsletters available to visitors about activities and events?